Monday, May 11, 2009

Sunday, wait Mother's Day?

So, I didn't really celebrate Mother's Day yesterday. I sent a card to my mom, but everything considered, I did not go see her. Instead, I worked, then relaxed for a bit before filling the rest of my day with stuff.

I took Logan Ludwig to the driving range yesterday. It was funny because he was giving me crap and saying how there is no way I am really a golfer. When I asked him why that is, he just simply replied by saying, "Your a girl!" Oh yeah, I must have forgotten that girls stay home and cook dinner, clean the house, and take care of the kids while the men go out golfing. My bad.
So, being the very competitive person with no mercy that I am, I watched him hit a few balls with his driver, then pulled out my 9 iron and hit it 150 yards. Not my best since I didn't play much last year and this was my first time going out this year, but still a good shot. I looked at him, gave him a smarmy look, and waited for his reply. It was jaw dropped, "Umm, wow."
That's right Logan, give me a reason so be competitive, and I kick your butt! I can't help that this is the way I am!

Then my little Maddie Ann Ludwig had a Mother's Day dance recital. It was ridiculously cute. It was a mommy and me class. They danced to Itsy Bitsy Teenie Weenie Yellow Polka Dot Bikini. They were dressed in yellow polka dot bikinis and came out with their mommy's holding a towel in front of them. They are around 3 years old, so they proceeded to do a few moves. Like, hands in the air, hands by their faces, spin in a circle... easy stuff. But oh no, not Maddie Ann.
She is show all by herself. The mommy's stood with the kids and sort of directed them, but Maddie would have none of that! She decided that hands on her hips and kicking her feet in the air while running around in the front would be more fun. Then maybe a ballet spin with her arms out would be fun. And last but definitely not least, she ran circles around her mom for a little bit.
I think she had everyone in the audience laughing, a good feet considering the audience was quite large for a recital! I know I had tears from laughing, and I was on the verge of peeing my pants since I didn't go before hand, and Logan was about to fall out of his seat. Needless to say, it was quite amusing.
I am excited to watch the dvd with Audrey since she was busy trying to look like they knew what they were doing on stage instead of watching what was going on! I did a mini reenactment, but it didn't do Maddie Ann justice!
I will see if I can post the video when the dvd comes out.

Anyway, overall, a good day. I got to see many of my favorite church women, and then spent the day with my Ludwig family.
I hope all you moms had a great Mother's Day!

No comments:

Post a Comment

About this blog