Monday, May 18, 2009

My rediculous restless night

Ok, let me just tell you a funny story about my lack of sleep last night. It involved rediculous dreams and sleep walking. What fun!

I first had a horrible dream about the cafe (proof that I am there too much!) In the dream, it was just a regular day, not a busy Sunday or anything. There was a customer who wanted a hazelnut latte, and as I go to make it for them I realize we have no hazelnut flavor, so I go to the cupboard with the flavor syrups to grab a new one. Well, there is none there either... So, I ask if sugar free is ok, and I appologize for not having the regular stuff around. But, of course, there is no sugar free either! What the heck? And there is none in the cupboard either! Not cool. So I am panicking and have no idea what to do. And I just wonder to myself how it is possible to have run out of hazelnut. I am just frantic and the customer leaves because I am too busy freaking out to help her. I felt lame.
It is funny though, because this is not the first time I have had weird dreams about work. I had a dream once that the grinder was broken. I would put the coffee beans in, and they would come out the size of wood chips. I also had a dream in which the pastry order didn't show up for the weekend. I had a dream the volunteers didn't show. All of these dreams I guess can be better classified as nightmares since they leave me with a fast heart rate for too long!

Then I also had a dream last night that I was hanging out at my mother's house and spending the night. I was downstairs in my sister April's room, but in the dream it was my brother Joe's. I can't remember what I was doing, but I fell asleep in his bed. I had slept very restlessly in the dream and for real. I know because this morning my blankets were everywhere, which is very unusual for me. But, in the dream I wanted to call Joe to appologize for making his bed a mess.
This is where the sleep walking came into play. I got out of bed, got my phone, but because it was charging, I just grabbed the charger out of the wall and left the cord in the phone. In the dream though, I called Joe and told him how sorry I was. He didn't care and told me not to worry about it.
But then when I woke up, my phone was in my bed, lots of buttons had been pushed, and I was tangled up in the sheets and blankets of my bed, and the phone charger! I think it is safe to say that I had a restless night.

I have not got for strolls in my sleep in a long time, but I used to all the time. I used to reorganize my room, a mighty feet, but it never looked as good after. I used to get ready for school (and lose all my stuff in the process.) I used to write in my journal, but in the morning it was random words that trailed off into scribbles, and I used to call people. Lots of stuff, but I thought I was over it! I hope this was just a one time thing, I don't like sleep walking, it scares me.

2 comments:

  1. I, too am a sleepwalker... I am sure there is some connection with my over-imaginationist brain. ONce I called 911 in my sleep. I tried to change my roommates bedsheets in the middle of the night in college. SHe didn't appreciate that. I wonder why some of us have wild dreams ... it does talk a lot about dreams in the Bible. Go figure. kjf

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is annoying to sleepwalk! I can't say I have ever called 911, but many other things. I have not gone for any walks in my sleep since, so I am guessing it was just stress getting to me.
    I am glad that you don't change peoples sheets and call the police anymore! I can imagine people not being to happy when you do such things to them while they are trying to sleep!

    ReplyDelete

About this blog