Friday, January 16, 2009

Shout out to my Rochester families

The past week, excluding Monday (because I can't for the life of me remember what happened that day) I have been at someones house every night. I am so extremely blessed to have the families that I have here in Rochester. They let me come over and play with their kids, eat their food, nap on their couches, watch their tvs, and all that stuff. It is so great to know that when I need (or want) a place to go, I have not just one, but a number of places to choose from.

Sunday after work, Audrey invited me over for lunch. Lunch turned into all day, and it was a super one at that! Audrey and I both work at CCC and I love seeing her smiling face everyday. We ate Noodles and played the Wii. Then after Maddy Ann went down for her happy nap and Ryan got up from his, we were able to sit and have a nice chat. It was a wonderful way to spend the afternoon. Oh yeah, then we went to see Marley and Me... I am pretty sure I cried for the last half hour of the movie... It was so good!

Then Tuesday I was able to spend the evening with Deanne and the kids. She is so good to me, we have wonderful talks about life, that night, it was about boys. Ugh, a much needed conversation. After pizza and talking we played Jillian Michaels' Wii game. It was SO fun, not only because Jillian is my favorite TBL trainer, but because I was winning! I am quite competitive by the way...

Then I was headed over to the Jensen's. They are the family that I spend the most time with here in Roch. (Thank you guys for taking such good care of me!) We watched Biggest Loser w/o Jennifer because she was out having a good time, but missing the worst scenario for an elimination ever! Wayne, Alex, Megan and I were on the edge of our seats (we were actually on the floor) during the weigh in. It is so fun to watch that show with them. Megan and I were holding hands and our breath waiting for the last one to weigh in! We were SO mad that it was between the youngest, heaviest kid, and the oldest contestant. What a bummer! I was sad to see grampa go home...

Wednesday for me is normally a work day and night. But my good friends/extra mom and dad from the cities were down here so Dennis could get knee surgery the next morning. So, I had someone work for me and spent the evening with them. But first, after work I always go home. (by that I mean the Jensen's) It's our Wednesday night thing. What could be better than spending time with two wonderful families in one day? That night Dennis, Diana and I ordered walleye sandwiches from the Canadian Honker, played phase 10 and watched American Idol. Now, I am not at all a fan of Idol, but the auditions are so funny. We were laughing so hard! And it took us forever to eat and play the game because we were too distracted by the bad singing. I couldn't help but picture myself up there in front of the judges being ridiculed because of my horrible singing voice! Thankfully, I can laugh at my own voice. The only time I am good, is when I am playing Rock Band, in the car (alone) or when my mom is singing too... she just might be worse than me! Its a stretch, but I think its a possibility!

Ok, yesterday was a snow day! I got to close up shop early and go home to hang out with everyone. Megan had a couple friends over and we watched Kit Kittredge, which was a super cute movie, and Alex made us really good bluberry muffins. He is such a good cook, he doesn't fill the house with smoke like me... I think I did it three times in the short time I lived with the Jensens...

And Thursday nights are the best night for tv ever! Can I get an amen?! My Name is Earl, Kath & Kim, The Office (woohoo!), then 30 Rock. Every Thursday I go over to the Ray's house to watch our shows, eat dinner, play, chat, and just be in good company. Last night Trevor, Phil and Josh were also there. We had fettuccine alfredo with garlic toast and salad, thanks Ron for a super dinner! I really love going over there, because it is a good time for Veronica and I to hang out and talk. She may only be 16, but she is one of my best friends. I can talk to her about anything that is going on in my life. And it seems there is always something to talk about. And last night was no exception.

So, that was my week, it isn't normally that crazy, but I like it that way. I can't think of a better way to spend a week than with so many people that I love. So, thank you Bibeau, Breitenbach, Jensen, Ludwig and Ray families for a wonderful, fun filled week! I am thankful to have you all, and all the other families here in Rochester, in my life. You make the time go faster and fill my life with smiles and laughter.

4 comments:

  1. sounds like a great week :) We'll have to have a little Wii tourney. I hit my pro status finally w/bowling last night :)

    Marley and Me... oh good heavens I cried all the way home. I don't even like dogs!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It was so great, I wish every week was like that!
    I love dogs, so you can only imagine how bad I was! Audrey had a good laugh about it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, Diane!! You are so precious!! Love you bunches!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. :) Thanks Deanne. I love you bunches too! And of course you too Missy!

    ReplyDelete

About this blog