Tuesday, January 27, 2009

A plethora of stuff, and by that I mean 3 things...

The other day I saw someone that I only see once a week at most usually, and it was great to see her. But it just so happened that the last two times I saw her, I was not having the best of days.
At caribou last week I was sitting and reading when she walked in and asked how I was doing. I told her that my day was not going so well, but didn't get into details because the person she was meeting with walked in. Then the next time I saw her I was looking for my phone because I had misplaced it. So it was not the best time either as I was trying to get out the door but still had to find my phone. Then she asked me, "Whats going on? I think everytime I ask you how you are doing you are not doing well."
I felt bad that she thought that. And it got me thinking about what people think of me. I would hate for people to think that I am always crabby or having a bad day. I do have bad days, just like everyone else. And when someone asks me I usually tell them the truth, even if it means saying I am feeling like crap.
But anyway, I have been not having the best of days the past week or so. Its been roommate stuff, friends, family, boys, finances, time issues... But things are looking up and hopefully next time you see me and we talk I will have nothing but good stuff to talk about. I would like to only have great stuff to say about my life! And hopefully if I see you and ask how life is going for you, you will have some great stuff to say.

Secondly, I need to rant a little bit, you can skip this part if you want...
Is there something about young women that makes them uncapable of knowing anything? It makes me so mad when men especially think that young women are clueless about stuff. Here is why I am so stining upset- we have two swinging half doors going up in the cafe so that kids don't come wandering back behind the counter. But there is a problem, when the cafe was built, the walls that these doors are going on were not placed quite right, so the doors don't fit right either. When we were looking at the doors to put them on and saw this problem, I had a suggestion. 1, shim some of the wood off so that there is more space between the edges of the doors, or 2, do something with the hinges (you would have to see it to know what I mean) but both my ideas were shot down by a guy who basically said "Well _____ knows what he is talking about, I will ask him. But that won't be what he does." ... Well, person who said this to me, I was right! When _____ came in to look at the doors today, he said exactly what I said! So, poo poo on you. Just because I am a young woman doesn't mean that I don't know what I am talking about. I may not be a carpenter, but I am not dumb.

And lastly, Sunday was a great day... well, after work anyway! It was a long day, but after work Veronica Ray and I went snowboarding. She had never gone before, so I gave her a lesson in rocking on the snow hill. Although she was not a rock star on the hill by the end of the day, she was a rock star off the hill (as always) I wish I had a picture for you, but we were having too much fun to take pictures. We will be going again soon, and hopefully we will make it off the bunny hill so she can get a taste of what it is really like. We were working on balance, turning and stopping though, next time, we will work on jumps and 360's! ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment

About this blog