Sunday, April 26, 2009

Being God's masterpiece.

So, I got a new tattoo, and I figured if I show you and tell you the story behind it on here, then I won't have to explain it so much. Not like I don't want to explain it, but this will save me a few explanations. :)





The Statue of David started out as an idea that someone had and just a simple piece of marble. He was nothing exciting. When Michelangelo began his journey carving out David he saw him as a finished masterpiece, he was perfect. As he carved him and chipped away for so long, and he would talk to him through this whole process. He would say over and over again "venuto avanti, venuto avanti" What that means in Italian is "come forward." Michelangelo saw him before he was formed and called him constantly to come forward. He wanted to chip away the pieces of David that he didn't need and that were not a part of the big picture.
Michelangelo calling David is like God calling us. God wants us to let him into our lives so he can chip away the pieces of us that we don't need. He just wants us to be his masterpiece. If we let God into our lives and let him work on us, we will be his perfect masterpiece. Just like David is to Michelangelo.

That is why I got that tattoo, it will be a reminder for me to always allow God to work on me and make me better and better. I also want to be able to share with anyone who asks, what it means to me and why I got it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

About this blog