Thursday, August 5, 2010

ch-ch-ch-ch-changes

That title is meant to be sung like David Bowie.
That is also irrelevant. But changes are abrewing... or have brewed I guess. And they seem to be constant.
I moved again! Lets re-cap my living situations... I moved from Roch to the cities. I lived with my aunt for a few weeks until I could live in the House on Wynne. The landlord's daughter went psycho, so we all moved out. I moved in with my mom for a little bit, and now I am back in St. Paul with my favorite Grama and Grampa. All this since March. Holy crap. Lets see if I can manage to move again before I get settled. That would be fun...
I had to quit my job because I don't have a vehicle right now and after moving I couldn't get to my job from St. Paul via bike. So I am really hoping I have another job at Zumiez, I am just waiting to hear back. But I think chances are good (knock on wood). I will have to take the bus until I can afford a car, and let me tell you, I am not looking forward to figuring out the bus line. I took it once now, and it was quite the predicament.
Let me share why. I only had enough money for the bus and forgot to get a transfer, and I was without a phone because I couldn't pay my phone bill either. So I got on the bus that I thought I was supposed to be on, and crossed my fingers. A guy came and sat down next to me... on an empty bus, he chose right next to me. It was a little sketchy, but I rolled with it anyway because what choice did I have? He started talking to me, so I was being polite and making conversation. But I soon realized that the bus I was on, was not the one I wanted. So I asked him what direction we were headed and he let me know that I was on the wrong bus. He told me he would help me find the right bus when we got off the one we were on. So I said thank you, and we kept talking. He then proceeded to tell me that he was 32, had two kids, 13 and 11, and was just out of prison for assault. He spent 4 years in the joint. Awesome. His friend that he was riding the bus with, who was sitting all the way in the back, was also fresh out of prison for the same thing. So I now have two men that I am trusting with my life, and they are fresh out of prison. Sounds like fun. So we got off the bus and started to walk to another stop and the guy (who's name I can't remember) tells me he can't figure out which stop I need. We sat on a bench for a minute while waiting for his friend (the "real life bachelor" as he called himself) to catch up with us. So I checked my wallet to see how many quarters I had, and thankfully I had just enough. The guy must have noticed because he called up his friend and asked for them to come get us and give me a ride home... I agreed to the ride and when he commented on how trusting I am, I told him it was only because I had a taser on me at all times. Obviously, I got home fine because I am blogging about it now. But it was slightly sketchy and pretty darn scary to just trust someone you don't know at all who just got out of prison. 
Moral of the story? I have none. I just need to know my bus lines better next time. 

Also, I am not going to CA this year, I couldn't get the financials in order for this school year. I can re-apply in January though, and hopefully I will move out there in the Spring. Or just maybe, I will change my mind yet again and want to do something completely different. Let's hope not though.

No comments:

Post a Comment

About this blog