Sunday, March 29, 2009

Picking the apple

Oh my God, how you make it hard
Not to pick the apple
Pick the apple
And Lord how I long to give it back

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=82ctJPv_kGU

Listen to the song. Its a good one. It is called Forgive Me by Missy Higgins.

I won't write much on this blog because I think it is best to think about yourself. I just really like this song because it gets me thinking about past mistakes, forgiveness, and wishing we could take things back, give them back, or just forget them.
We have all made bad choices in the past. But if we could, would we really change the past? It could totally alter who we are today, and is that something that we would sacrifice if we had the chance? I don't know what I would do. I like to think that I wouldn't change the past since it has made me the person I am today. But who knows... since I can't do it, I guess I will never really know what I would do in the situation. But it is something to think about.
It reminds me of an analogy I read in a book a while ago. It was a father talking to his daughter about our problems in life. He asked his daughter something along the lines of, "If we could put our problems into a paper bag, and throw that bag into a big pile with everyone else's problems. And then we could take our bag back, or take someone else's, what would you do?" We all have problems and we don't like having them. But I would take my own bag.
Anyway, that was a side note...
I am just glad that we have God's forgivness. We may have our faults and regret our pasts, but God loves us anyway. And that is so comforting. So, even though we find it hard not to pick the apple, and after we do, we just want more than anything to give it back, it doesn't matter. God loves us anyway, we can pick all the apples in the world, but if we believe in God, repent to Him and pray for help to turn from our bad behaviors, He will love us as if we are perfect, because in His eyes, we will be. What could be more comforting than that?
Ok, that is all for tonight. I just had to write down what I was thinking before I forgot.

2 comments:

  1. You said that just right. I so "get it." Thanks for sharing these thoughts.

    (I can't remember what my comment id is, so I'm using anonymous, but its me, Mammy.)

    ReplyDelete

About this blog