Thursday, February 12, 2009

News.

Last week has been quite the week for my family. It couldn't have gotten over fast enough, and it doesn't end just because its a new week...
Getting bad news is one of my least favorite things in the world. Especially when there is nothing you can do about it. When you have no words of comfort, when you are not with the person you want to be with, when something happens that is completely irreversible... That kind of news sucks more than just about anything else. I got that kind of news this past week.

I was in a staff meeting when I got a couple phone calls but couldn't answer them. Why is it that this news always comes at the most inopportune times? I called my mom back to see what was up, and she had let me know that her great-aunt died. My aunty Muriel. That was mostly hard for me because it was hard for my mom. I hate to see people hurting. It is worse than me hurting. And I do not like funerals at all...

Then she asked me if I talked to my sister, to which I said no, so she put her on the phone. This was when the news got really bad. Ashley told me she had a miscarriage. It just kills me. I can't even imagine the pain she must feel. She is married, but her husband is in Iraq, this was her first time being pregnant, and her husband was SO excited about it.... everyone was. I just wanted to be there to hold her and comfort her. But I was such a wreck that I would have done no good. And what do you say to that? I didn't know what to say, I just cried, a lot. Knowing that my sister is hurting is so hard for me.
She is my best friend, and she has been my whole life. When she hurts I hurt. So right now I am hurting a lot, but she is hurting so much more. I am writing this a week later that I found out because it is easier for me. Right now I ask for you prayers for my family. For Ashley and Tim, for my mom, for all the family that was so excited for them. It may be a week later, but it is still hard, and I suspect it will be for a while.

2 comments:

  1. Diane,

    I'm so sorry to hear about your sister's miscarriage. I've been there. I will pray.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Delilah. I am sorry to hear you have been there. We are doing better, talking about it is still hard, but we are slowly letting it go. God knows what he is doing, even if its hard for us to understand, its true. :)

    ReplyDelete

About this blog